Friday, July 29, 2011

Flour --- In a cloth bag!!

Last week I was running low on my all-purpose flour, which actually makes me happy because I LOVE to shop for baking supplies. I ventured out to the grocery trying to convince myself why it is necessary to spend extra on King Arthur (it is sooo much better, that's why). I made it to the flour section of my beloved baking isle and couldn't believe what I was seeing:
Imagine the sound of angels singing a beautiful harmony.
Flour! In a cloth bag!?! "Flour in a cloth bag" I said to myself and then giggled - aloud - in public. I didn't know such a thing was still in production. Well it is true - and I would have bought the whole lot for fear this was some sort of fluke. It was priced right too, $3.99 for the 5lb bag (less than my favorite King Arthur). Needless to say, I was beyond excited. So I will give the cloth bag of flour a try and see how it works out. In the meantime, I would like to thank Cortez Milling for producing such a perfectly packaged product and bringing excitement to my day. Now, if only I could get milk in glass bottles life would be complete...

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! You are so right about King Arthur being the best (plus, they are a Vermont company which you know I <3). Nonetheless, it makes me all warm & fuzzy inside thinking about "Flour in a cloth bag". Almost as warm & fuzzy as it will feel once I find really cute glass canisters to put my cooking supplies in in my new pantry. And really cute labels for said canisters. **heading to Amazon**

    ReplyDelete